Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Revlon ColourBurst Lipbutters

Hi lovelies,
Hope everyone is well today. Anyone else been ill like me, I've been feeling rubbish since Friday.
Introduction
 
 
So I've been so excited for this product since I first heard/saw about them on FleurDeFource's YouTube Chanel a while back. Unfortunately they aren't available in the UK until the end of March so I picked mine up on eBay as I just couldn't wait until then. If you've been reading my blog then you will know I suffer from dry/chapped lips so any new lip balm related product especially with colour really interests me. Now the Revlon ColourBurst Lipbutters are a lipstick/lip balm hybrid, depending on the shade you choose provide a sheer - medium colour and a lovely shine. They have a hydrating mango, shea and coconut buttery formula to instantly hydrate lips.
Colour/Shade Selection
A fabulous 20 shades in the range:
Raspberry Pie
Cupcake - pale blue pink
Sugar Plum - brown pink
Fig Jam - caramel nude
Gumdrop - pale lavender
Cotton candy - pale shimmery pink
Strawberry Shortcake - Bright bubble-gum pink
Brown Sugar -pinkie/brown nude with pearl
Sweet Tart - bright pink
Lollipop - fuchsia pink with blue pearl
Raspberry Pie - bright pink fuchsia
Peach Parait - peachy/rosy with gold pearl
Berry Smoothie - pale rosy pink
Red Velvet - deep blue based red
Creamsicle - very pale peachy/pink nude
Pink Truffle - muted brown pinkie/mauve
Sugar Frosting - sheer pink with pearl
Crème Brule - sheer nude
Candy Apple - bright warm red
Cherry Tart - warm red with pearl
Tutti Frutti - sheer orange

Now apparently we will only get 14 of the 20 shades (I'm not sure which) which is a big shame really but I'm sure the others will be available online.
Berry Smoothie

As I tend to stick to pinkie shades I picked up the shades Lollipop, Berry Smoothie and Raspberry Pie. I'm sure once they are available in the UK I'll pick up plenty more shades as I really like the look of plenty on other colours.
 
 

Packaging
I love the packaging. Comes in a lipstick style tube. They have a coloured translucent tube covering, quilted on two sides which is a nice touch. The top of the lid is clear so you can see the product inside.




What Revlon Say
- Buttery Balm + Shiny Colour
Lollipop
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny colour to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.
My thoughts
I really like these. Really moisturising and the colours are lovely. It's also nice that depending what colour you have you can have a more dramatic or muted look. Lollipop and Raspberry Pie provide allot of bright colour and are perfect when you want a splash of colour whereas Berry Smoothie just adds a hint of colour with a lot of mositurisation. They have good lasting power for a balm too, I got a good 2 hours from them in colour but they felt soft and moisturised for a while after this.
As I got mine from America on EBay I paid over £8 which I think is quite expensive for a drugstore lip balm/lipstick but hopefully when they are released over in the UK later this month they will be more reasonably priced.
I will definitely be picking up some more later in the month, I have my eye on Gum Drop and Peach Parait.
Round up
Price - £8.51 inc p+p on EBay shipped from America, not sure what UK price will be but hopefully cheaper than I've paid for mine.
Coverage - Lovely hydrating and moisturising formula with a choice of sheer or opaque colour.
Pros - Wide range of colours, lovely packaging.
Cons - Not out in UK but will be soon so not really a con.
So will you be getting one?
Here is the link to the seller who I purchased mine from if you can't wait.
Danielle x :)



7 comments:

  1. I'm already on the waiting list to pre-order mine from Boots! Haha I love the colours you got, I think Raspberry Pie is my favourite :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lollipop is my fav out of the 3 I've got. Definely will be buying some more x

      Delete
  2. I really wanted Gum Drop but just found out where not getting it over here so I'll have to order off ebay! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this range xxx

    http://loolitopsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been along time coming, seems like we've been waiting forever for them x

      Delete
  4. I will be getting some of these, I love pink lips so will be getting pink shades!!!! Can't wait to get some and review them.

    Click here to get your daily buzz!

    Sarah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like pink then definetly get lollipop, it's gorgeous x

      Delete