Thursday, 9 February 2012

Review - Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara

Hello there,

Hope your all having a fab day. So a review post today for you.
I picked up the March issue of Elle magazine for £3.90 the other day as I knew it came with Soap & Glory's new Thick + Fast Super Volume Mascara. The Mascara retails at £10 so for the full size item to come with the magazine I was eager to give it a try for £3.90 and also get to browse through the latest fashion and beauty trends. So try it I did.


The packaging is nice and simple, black with dusky pink lettering. The formulation itself was fine, not too wet but not dry at all but the brush was just so big and hardly picked up any product. It didn't give my lashes much volume even after 3 coats. It did however stay on for most of the day without flaking or smudging. I'll be honest, I didn't think much too it.




Don't get me wrong it's not terrible as the formulation is OK and with a different brush I think it would be alot better. Would I pay £10 for it? The answer would have to be no. I've had mascaras that have been better and cost less. If you like super big brushes then I'd give it a go.

I was surprised to not like the product as I love Soap & Glory as a brand.
Apart from the Sexy Mother Pucker Lipgloss (which I lurve) I haven't tried any other of their makeup products so am keen to try out others and hoping this was a one off that I didn't like. The new Kick Ass Concealer in the makeup range is on my wish list, check out my post here.

Here's what my lashes looked like after 3 coats.

I'd rate the product 4/10.

Well hope you found this useful. Danielle x

2 comments:

  1. I didn't rate this product much either, bit disappointed as there was alot of hype but glad I didn't have to pay full price but I just think its pretty standard as far as a mascara goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was Ok but nothing special was it. I've had better ones from Avon or off the high street for under £5. x

      Delete