Saturday, 25 February 2012

Review - Mac Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick

Hello lovelies

I've been looking forward to getting this ever since I heard Nicki Minaj was collaborating with Mac. I've now got it so I wanted to let you know more about it if you haven't already managed to get your hands on this little gem.


So this time round the Viva Glam collaboration was with Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin (I love both of them but must admit I do have a huge girl crush on Nicki Minaj). All proceeds of the Viva Glam collection go to the Mac Aids Fund so makes me feel alot better knowing I'm spending money I shouldn't but at least it is going to a great cause. Ricky has a lip conditioner and Nicki has a lipstick. I haven't got hold of the lip conditioner and am not sure if I will yet but I definitely had to get my hands on the lippy.


without flash


with flash
So the lipstick is an almost neon pink with yellow undertones making the pink lean slightly corally. The touch of yellow makes it warm tone friendly. It's in the Satin finish. I love the colour and think it will come in perfectly for Spring/Summer for someone who loves a bright lip. Now it is bright, like I said almost neon and does go on quite opaque but could be toned down if just dabbed on, I've tried this and like the look it created. The only problem I have with it is the finish. I personally find the Mac satin finish lipsticks to be a tad drying and as I suffer from dry lips most of the time in can leave them looking not too nice but with some lip balm underneath or on top it does look a little better. All in all it's just what I expected from the collab and think the colour definitely screams Nicky Minaj.

It will be available at Mac stores and on the website in March for £13.50.
Danielle x :)

9 comments:

  1. I never got this cause I thought it would be too bright but it looks lovely!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really bright but wearable and looks just as nice blotted on with a bit of gloss or balm. Really loving it x

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely colour, I will definitely be buying this! :-)

    http://thebeautyoflouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this to arrive. Put my order in as soon as the email arrived!

    Roll on May when we can stock up.

    I'm not sure that it will suit my skin tone, to be honest I don't mind buying it just to look at lol such a pretty colour x
    http://ramblingsofabeautyjunkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it comes soon for you. I was unsure if it would suit me or not but had to have it anyway. Think it will suit any skin tone not I've tried it x let me know how you get on with it

      Delete
  4. great pics!
    Already following! Hope you follow me back, as well:<3

    Happy sunday!
    xoxo~
    miss-monaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete