Thursday, 2 February 2012

Look what's just arrived.....

Hi there,

Well my day was slowly becoming as miserable as the cold and wet weather but then a knock on the door changed that. I've never been so pleased to see the local courier lady at my door with small black box in her hand.
Here's what she had for me,, eeeek....

On pay day I treated my self to a few bits on the Mac website. I've recently purchased a Mac 168 contouring brush and fell in love. It was my first Mac brush and after years of hearing how great they were I decided to try one. I'd always been put off by the price tag but when I thought about it I decided it was a good investment as they last a long time if you look after them and can really change the way your makeup applies and looks. I'm glad I did take the plunge and found my self looking at some more on the website.
I'd bought some blacktrak fluid line and the cheap brush I was using to apply it wasn't really any good so after looking at various blogs/YouTube videos I decided to order the 263 small angled brush, can't wait to try it out!
I also decided to get the 217 blending brush as most bloggers/you tubers I watch and read own this brush and rave about how brill it is for blending in the crease for that smokey eye look and as I love that look I decided to buy this too. Ive currently been using an Elf professional blending brush and like it and will continue to use as a secondary one. Both brushes cost £16.00 each from the Mac website.

Next I found my self looking at the cremeblend blushes. I haven't really dabbled much in cream blushers I only own one pinky one from Elf. I decided I was going to try something new and ordered one in Ladyblush which is a lovely deep coral colour. I'll let you know how I get on with that.

I've been using Urban Decays primer potion for my eyes for a while now but to be honest I don't find it that great so have been looking for something else for a while and a lot of people have suggested Macs paint pots to me. The colours I'd heard the most about were painterly and Bare study. Painterly is a matte beige skin colour and bare study is very similar but has a frosty effect. I ended up getting painterly. There is a good range of colours and if I get on with them I will definitely be ordering bare study and possible some more. They are available on the Mac website or in Mac stores for £14.50.

I've been lusting over the lip pencil in embrace me ever since the Iris Apfel Collection came out and finally ordered it. It's a bright pink shade which I needed in my collection and will go with loads of my lipstick/glosses. I paid £10.50 for it. I've never had a Mac lip pencil before so am looking forward to seeing how I like it.

I'm also trying to build up my Mac lipstick collection so ordered a lipstick in the shade bombshell. It's a bright rosy pink colour with a slight shimmer, it has a frost finish. It cost me £13.50.

Feel very excited to have all these products to try out and will let you know how I get on.

Hope you liked.

Danielle x :)

6 comments:

  1. I have the paint pot in Bare Study and LOVE it! It's so worth the money :) Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bare study and I love it! :) Aisling (myshallowobsession.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have painterly I also love blackground makes bright colours really stand out when put over the top also a 30 second smokey eye in a rush x

    loveallthingspretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard alot of great stuff about blackground, I want so many! x Danielle x

      Delete