Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Febuary's GlossyBox

Hello Everyone.

So yesterday my GlossyBox arrived.
Now you might have already seen posts on this but I still wanted to do one on this months Glossy box.
 I'm sure everyone knows what GlossyBox is but for those who don't I'll briefly explain. It's a monthly beauty box that includes 5/6 samples and sometimes full size high end beauty products. The idea is to try items from the comfort of your own home and also maybe try products and brands you wouldn't normally buy or maybe can't afford. It 's also nice as a monthly gift to your self or maybe a loved one as they also offer gift subscriptions. GlossyBox is £10 pm + pp and is available from the GlossyBox website here.
 

So as you can see GlossyBox have gone back to the original light pink packaging. Now I must admit I loved both the Christmas red box and the last months bright pink box but I think if we had these every month we wouldn't appreciate the limited edition boxes so I am OK that the packaging is back to it's original form.

This months box is designed around London Fashion Week, "five fab essentials to keep you looking your fashionable best."

So as I've not had time to review all the individual products recieved in the box this will be more of a review on the box itself and a bit of information on the products included. I will be reviewing some of the products at a later date once I've given them a good try and feel I've used them long enough to be able to offer a real review of the individual product (let me know if there is any products you would especially like to see a full review on).

So onto the important stuff, what was inside:



So included in this months box were: 
  • Duwops Venom Gloss - 5ml sample size in Buttercup - Full size 10.4ml £16 - A tinted lip gloss with DuWop's Lip Venom.


  •  Dr Bronner Magic Liquid Soap - Full Size 59ml worth £1.99 - A combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils, creates a unique soap that cleans effectively without being aggressive and produces a velvety-lather that leaves the skin silky-smooth and refreshed. Apparently this can be used for loads of things and is a multipurpose product so I'll have to look into that and see what else it can be used for, anyone know?
  • Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Relaxing Balm - 25ml Sample Size - Full size 200ml £15.25 - This balm is designed to relax and control hair. Helps hair dry faster and helps fight frizz. Hydrates and moisturise hair from within.

  •  BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow in Her Majesty - 1g sample size - Full size 2mg £7.00 - A cruelty free mineral eyeshadow. Her majesty is a pink with gold shimmer.


See the golden shimmer when caught in the light?

  •  Como Shambhala Invigorate Body Lotion - 50ml Sample size - Full size 300ml £20 - Full of a revitalising blend of essential oils this is ment to wake you up and make you fell more alive and in a "perfectly uplifted mood". I had a quick smell of this and it is divine, really lives up to the name as it's such a invigorating smell.  

 So that's the lot. I know a few people have been disappointed with this months box but I'm really pleased with it. The beautybox idea to me is to try out products and brands you wouldn't normally try and as I've not tried any of the brands in this box I am happy as it gives me a chance to give  new brands a chance and maybe find a new love.

Are you a subscriber of GlossyBox? What did you think?

Bye everyone, Danielle x :)

10 comments:

  1. I haven't had mine. They haven't said anything to me either. Thinking of cancelling mine for another beauty box. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried Carmine beauty box, think that's my favourite. Danielle x

      Delete
  2. i prefer the colour of the bare minerals eyeshadow. mine was just black which is okay but a little boring!.. i am very excited for the 24th :D

    http://obviousleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm glad I got the pink/gold colour as it's a bit more unique than the black. Not long now till we find out what the big mystery is x Danielle

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through The Blog Hop :D

    http://emersbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Ill check your blog out now x

      Delete
  4. that is so sweet of you to add my button hun, thank you very very much for supporting my blog! i absolutely love reading yours and keep coming back for more!

    have a lovely evening and thank you again!

    hugs always, xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog, always cheers me up so wanted to spread the love. x

      Delete
  5. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the box. Having said that, I promised myself if I didnt like this months box I would cancel it. I havent yet hit the cancel button!!
    Iv found your blog via the blog hop, (great idea) so am looking forward to reading more from you x

    http://a30something.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my favourite box but I've had worse. Looking forward to trying the stuff out. Have you tried the Carmine box? Think thats my fav.
      Yeah this blog hop thing is great, found some great new blogs to read x Danielle

      Delete