Thursday, 2 February 2012

Carmines January BeautyBox Review

Hi there,


So yesterday my January Carmine box arrived which I was very pleased about, I love the idea of a little gift to my self each month and the opening of it to see all the surprises I've got that month.
I'm sure most people know what Carmine beauty boxes are but for those who don't I'll briefly explain. It's a monthly beauty box that includes 5/6 samples and sometimes full size high end beauty products. The idea is to try items from the comfort of your own home and also maybe try items you wouldn't normally buy or maybe can't afford. It's also nice as a monthly gift to your self or maybe a loved one as they also offer gift subscriptions. The Carmine box is £10 pm +pp and is available from Carmines website here. I've been subscribing to Carmine for a few months and have loved their boxes so far. Here is just a quick run down of this months box, I  will do more in depth reviews of individual products once I have had time to use them and give a fair opinion. So this is what the Carmine box looks like



So in this months box there was:


 
Korres - Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturising & Brightening Cream - 10ml sample size - £20 for full Addicted to Rose Set - I was really excited to see this in the box as I have heard so many great things about Korres and really wanted to try out some of their products. This cream is said "not only to brighten and repair your complexion, it will also pump up the hydration for a full 24-hours". It's suitable for all skin types and contains no silicone's. 

 
Eldora - False Eyelashes - £4.90 for the pair - Wow, so pleased these were in here. I love falsies and these are just sooooo beautiful, I can't wait to try them out. Eldora are supposed to be a great brand and I'm glad to be trying these out as it might lead to me buying more in their collection as they have some really beautiful lashes available. I got the D135, they are lovely and long with diamantes. They are also re-usable and include adhesive.

Aren't these lush??

Balance Me - Radiance Face Oil - 5ml sample size - £30 for 30ml - I've never tried a face oil so am glad I'm going to have a chance to try one out. The oil contains Amazonian buriti nut oil, Roman chamomile, yarrow and benzoin and is meant to renew the skin and give it radiance and glow.


WestLab - Himalayan Pink Salt - 100g sample size - £4.75 for 1kg (available in different sizes) - I don't really get excited about bath salts etc but am looking forward to trying this out. It's something I wouldn't normally buy but is nice to have to try out. There is nothing nicer than a lovely relaxing bath and if this product can add to the relaxation then I'm all for it. It's a mineral rich salt that comes from the Himalayan Mountains and is said to have the same effect as a 3 day fast/detox. It will help you feel relaxed and also cleansed from head to toe. I look forward to trying this out and will be reviewing this once I have tried it out.


Eyeko - Fay Eye Stick - Full size worth £10.00 - I love Eyeko so was very happy to see this. I received this in Old Gold which is a lovely shimmery gold colour. It is a soft cream consistency that is designed to be used as both a liner and shadow. It creates a glossy finish. It has good pigmentation and I really love the colour.


Also in this months box there was a £5 off discount code for any purchase over £25 with Korres at House of Fraser. I'm please about this also as I have been meaning to pick up some Korres lip balms.

So that was Carmines January box. I really love this box and give it a big thumbs up. There is not one product I'm disappointed with and am looking forward to trying them all out.

I also subscribe to GlossyBox which is another beautybox, check out my review on their January box here.

Danielle x :)



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Arent the lovely, cant wait to wear them. Think I'll put them on for Valentines day x

      Delete
  2. I want this box :) Have never heard of Carmine before.... must check out their website ...
    love your blog, I am your newest follower!
    Greets from Ireland,
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marnia, So glad you enjoyed my blog and are now a follower. I really love the Carmine box - it may be my fav x

      Delete
  3. neither my carmine or glossybox turned up on jan making me think theyre same company? checked online carmine says expected delivery 12th feb for jans box suppose I wont have long to wait between boxes x

    loveallthingspretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm not sure, I always thought they were two seperate companys. Have you got either one yet? I hope so x Danielle x

      Delete