Tuesday, 31 January 2012

My January 2012 Favourites

Hello again,

I cant believe it's the end of January already, how fast has this month gone??
As I love peoples favourite posts/videos I decided I wanted to make that a monthly feature on here. So this is my first one, here is my January 2012 favourites.



I know I have quite allot right! I just couldn't narrow it down, Ive been loving so much this month. I've split it into 4 categories.


Skin Care


Lush - Dream Cream - £10.75 for 240g - This has been my saviour over the winter months. I suffer from eczema sometimes and this really helps soothe and clear it up. As I can also have dry skin on both body and face if I need an extra something this is great and leaves my skin feeling so moisturised. It also smells gorgeous. Brilliant for people with dry or sensitive skin, can't recommend enough. It comes in a bug tub and usually lasts me about a month and I use it a few times a day. It's available from Lush stores or on there website.


Simple - Kind to Eyes Soothing Eye Balm - £3.73 for 100ml - I have really been loving using this eye balm especially on an evening. I wear contacts and sometimes by the evening my eyes can me a bit sore, once I dab a little bit of this onto my eye area it really soothes and refreshes my eyes. It also moisturises well, I sometimes get dry skin on my eyes so this is good too.  Help reduce puffiness and has multi-vitamin goodness so is also great to use in the morning to help look and feel more awake.I bought this from my local Superdrug store, it is also available on their website.

Make up


Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF 10 Foundation - £26.50 - I have been using this foundation nearly everyday recently which is a big thing for me as I have about 5-6 favourite ones that I love and usually reach for on a regular basis! It just seems to provide the right amount of coverage I need for the daytime. Even though it's name would suggest it's a light coverage I would disagree and say it is more a medium. It goes on great with my Elf powder brush that I use to apply my foundation and leaves a lovely natural finish. It lasts through out the day so it does live up to it's long lasting claims. I wear shade intensity 1.0 and bought it from Debenhams. I would advice getting colour matched in-store as £26.50 is a lot to waste if you were to order the wrong colour.

Mac - Powder Blush in Desert Rose (matte finish) - £17.50 - This has been my go to blush recently. I really love the colour it gives my face, leaves it looking really natural and rosy. I bought it from a Mac store but again it is available on there website.

Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2 - £3.69 - This product is no stranger the favourites post, everyone ravs about this concealer. Love love love this, I have always used my Mac Pro Longwear concealer and it was fine but at £13.50 it's not cheap. After finally giving in to all the fav reviews went and bought a concealer I knew I didn't need but I'm so glad I did. It covers and blends better than the Mac one and is so much cheaper and more widely available. I will definitely be repurchasing this. I bought this from superdrug, I can't find this on their website but it is available in stores.

Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Volume + Lift Mascara in 01 Black - £19.50 - I have found my mascara! After years of searching I have found one I am finally happy with. I have really short lashes and without falsies I never like the way my eye makeup looks but this has changed that. It just works for me, separates the lashes and just gives them the volume I need but without clumping. The only downside is that's it is pricey but I don't mind too much as I used to spend so much on mascara previously just trying to find one I liked! I bought this from the Estee Lauder counter in Debenhams.
I have started to get a few bits from the Estee Lauder Double wear range and really love them all so think I'm going to have a look and add a few more bits to my wish list.

L'Oreal - Super Liner Luminizer Hazel Eyes - £4.70 - I bought this on an impulse whilst having a look on ebay for makeup and am so glad I did. I usually wear black liquid eyeliner and haven't ever really tried any other colour. This one for hazel eyes is a lovely brown and it really looks lovely with my brown eyes. If you find black liner a bit harsh looking I'd definitely give it ago. It's long lasting and doesn't smudge which is a must for liners - no one wants it running down their face I'm sure.

Elf - 2 in 1 Conditioning Lip Gloss in Perfect Pink - £1.50 - I find Elf items a bit hit and miss. Some I really hate but sometimes I find a product I really like. This lip gloss is one of them. It has really good pigmentation and doesn't go on sticky like some glosses do. At £1.50 I can't fault it and it compares to some of my more expensive glosses in my collection. Elf is an online company called eyeslipsandface, check them out, like I said there is some real gems on there. I really like their nail polishes, glosses and makeup brushes. There website is here.


Brushes


Mac 163 - Contour Brush - £26.00 - This item was very expensive for a brush and I didn't enjoy paying this price at all but with that been said I love the brush. It's brilliant for contouring the face, it gets right in the hollow under the cheekbone to help make that shadow and create a thinner looking face. I've used it everyday since I bought it and can see it been in my collection for a long time (well it wants to bloody be for £26)!
I don't intend on buying many Mac brushes as I have lots of brushes from Elf, Avon, Body Shop and Real Techniques that I really love that are a lot cheaper but I always struggles with a good contour brush hence the purchase. I bought this from Macs website.


Real Techniques Blush Brush - £9.99 - This brush is beautiful to use and also to look at. It is from the range of brushes that Samantha Chapman from PixiWoo has brought out. I have a few brushes from the range and intend to get more as they are such good quality and really affordable. I only got this a few weeks back and have used it everyday for my blush. It works great with both powder and creme blushes. I bought mine from the lovemakeup website, but I have also seen a range of the collection on Ebay.


Nails

 
Boots No7 Stay Perfect Nail Polish in Perky - £7 (£2 with £5off No7 Voucher) - This is the polish I've worn the most this month, its a loevly deep pinky purple colour. It applies really well, I love this ranges brush, makes it so much less messy when painting my nails. I have done a NOTD post with this polish. I got it in my local boots store but is available on their website.

Denny Leighton Correcter - £7.65 - This is a great product if your like me and don't have a steady hand when painting your nails. It comes with a brush which you literally just dip into to correcter sollution and wipe all the mistakes away around your nails. I got this from the feelunique website.

 
I've not really had any hair product favs this month apart from my Morrocon Oil but thats my Holy Grail hair product so don't want to bore everyone with putting it in every month. If you haven't tried Morronon Oil you are really missing out! 

 

So thats the lot. Hope you enjoyed the post (I hope you like the use of my GlossyBox in the pictures, it was too pretty not to photo again), let me know what you thought.
Danielle x :)

3 comments:

  1. love this post xx

    @MissLauren____
    https://twitter.com/#!/MissLauren____
    http://missslauren.blogspot.com/
    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/
    http://missslauren1.tumblr.com/
    Follow me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. I've just got a new Twitter for this blog, @danziesbitsof
      Check it out x

      Delete
    2. need to check the EL foundation heard lots of good things about it! x

      Delete